What is a Modular Data Center?
It is a data center that is designed thinking in modules that interact with each other and can be added to each other and provide scalability.
The first Modular Data Centers were implemented using ISO Maritime Containers, also known as Data Container, companies such as Google and SUN Microsystems were the pioneers in this type of facility. Today we find a wide range of Modular Data Centers.
Modular Data Centers have become popular in recent years and we have seen how, more and more, companies use this type of Data Center to process their data.
Modular Data Centers can be used as:
Advantages of a Modular Data Center with respect to Traditional Data Center
· Lower initial investment (CAPEX)
A Modular Data Center can significantly reduce implementation costs:
- It is installed with exactly what the client requires, the investments are designed exactly to what the client needs at the moment, then taking advantage of the modularity the corresponding investments are made to expand the Data Center as needed.
- Less civil work, the civil work required for a Modular Data Center is minor. As the modules can be outdoor, basically a slab or bases made of concrete are required for the placement of the modules, the client can save up to 40% in the construction base costs.
- Reduce complexity, Modular Data Center designs can reduce complexity and replace long and complicated construction periods.
· Lower operating cost (OPEX)
Modular Data Centers use the concept of confinement in order to reduce the amount of energy consumed by refrigeration equipment. The design seeks to increase the efficiency of the Data Center by ensuring an optimum Delta T between cold and hot aisle, in addition to concentrating the cold air only where it is necessary. Using these techniques, we can also increase the Set Point value of the air up to 80.6 ° F [27 ° C], according to ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers), which implies a significant decrease in the energy consumption of the Data Center. In another post, we will publish a specific article for this topic.
The Modular Data Centers can be designed based on the requirements and needs of the client, being able to select from the level of redundancy in refrigeration and energy, capacity, number of racks, etc. The design can be made to expand easily without interrupting the operation of the Data Center.
Scalability is a natural benefit of any modular solution. As more space is required for the IT room, it will be aggregated, as well as the energy and refrigeration capacity that is required. The Data Center is growing according to your requirements.
· Rapid Implementation
The implementation time of a Modular Data Center is calculated in weeks, in comparison with the traditional Data Centers where construction times can take at least 12 months.
The Modular Data Centers can be portable, this means that if a relocation is necessary, the customer can disassemble, transport and install their Modular Data Center in any other place. The Modules are usually designed with dimensions similar to maritime containers so that they can be easily transported in current transports (Maritime and terrestrial)
· Less risk of failure
Modular Data Centers are usually manufactured in controlled environments, being built in the factory minimizes the risk of failure at the time of the installation.
The Modular Data Center of NDC
NDC designs and manufactures Modular Data Center, the team is made up of a group of professionals with more than 20 years of experience in the area.
We can offer 100% customized and scalable solutions, from Micro Data Centers to Multi Mega Watts Data Centers. NDC is "Vendor Agnostic", that is, we are not limited to the products of a specific manufacturer.
What can be customized in an NDC Modular Data Center?
In NDC we can customize:
- Enclosures:Height, width, depth, room shape, color (Interior and Exterior), custom logos, width and height of the doors for access to special equipment, panic bars for doors, LED lighting, thermal protection against fire, shielding different levels. Type of containment of cold / hot aisles.
- Redundancy Level:N, N + 1, 2N, 2N + 1, 4N in Refrigeration and Power.
- Racks:Height, width, depth, and brand.
- PDU:Type of sockets, Monitored, basic, or intelligent.
- UPS:Brand, power, FP, type.
- Cooling System: Brand, type CW DX, In-row, Room, Wall Mounted, Rack level.
- Fire Detection: Smoke detection, high sensitivity smoke detection (HSSD), heat detection.
- Fire Suppression: FM 200, NOVEC 1230, Ecaro.
- Access Control:By card or biometric, integration with other systems.
- CCTV:Brand, type and number of cameras, storage time, integration with other systems.
- Special requirements: Bullet proof (Diferents levels), Anti Corrosion, Fire proof , Earthquake protection, etc.
For more information please visit our website https://www.ndc-solutions.com or write to us at email@example.com